We are very excited for the 2018-2019 school year! We will be continuing the MFL STEAM Fellowship and are searching for ten elementary or middle school teachers to participate.
MFL STEAM Fellows will have the benefit of working with the Mobile Fab Lab in an ongoing manner, allowing students to gain a deeper interest and understanding of how the machines work and the content.
MFL Fellows will also have the option to ‘lease’ MFL desktop equipment to use in their own classrooms, including a 3D printer, mini electric Xacto knife and design laptop.
If you are a principal, please forward this information to your teachers who you think would be a good fit!
We are offering four branches of the MFL STEAM Teachers Program:
- All applicants must be:
- a CMSD teacher
- able to coordinate two to five Mobile Fab Lab (MFL) visits in the 2018-2019 school year (this includes working with your principal and building team to find a place for the trailer to park and how to get kids in and out of the building)
- willing to work with the MFL team
- able to attend one PD session over the summer
- willing to attend machine training if they want to ‘lease’ equipment
- Use of the MFL is free to all CMSD schools. Some material costs apply for specific projects.
Not ready to be a MFL STEAM Teacher? Or do you teach K -2?
If you’re not ready for the commitment to be a MFL STEAM Teacher or teach younger students, check out our MFL exposure activities. Exposure activities can be done with students of any age, k-12. These activities are designed to expose students to the technology of the MFL and to create something for their classroom or something to take home. These activities can be done in a short period of time, anywhere from twenty minutes to an hour and range in ability level and content connections. Click here to see activities by level.
Questions? Please Email the MFL coordinator- Sarah Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the MFL Fellowship please complete the following online application form
(this will take 10-15 minutes)
MFL FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION FORM
(not currently accepting applications)
All applications must be completed by June 2nd at 11:59 pm